Moving / Relocating To Tulsa: 12 Little Known Facts And FAQs
Thinking about moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma? From its hot job market to its booming sports scene, here are 12 little-known facts you must know before living in Tulsa!
1. It’s An Affordable Place To Stay
The median home price in Tulsa is just $126,000, and Oklahomans also pay 24% less in taxes each year compared to the average American. If you’re planning on renting a home in Tulsa, there’s even better news! According to Acorns, Tulsa is named the most affordable city for renters in the U.S. This is also one of the reasons why Tulsa’s population has grown by a huge amount over the years.
2. Say Hello To The Convenience Of Transportation
Back in 2010, Tulsa first launched a program known as Complete Streets. Ever since then, the program became extremely successful and has greatly improved many transportation amenities to keep the town well connected. Complete Streets has played a large role in helping Tulsans get around town and also helped make roads accessible for all modes of transportation.
If you are looking to own a car to travel around town, Oklahoma’s yearly car insurance rates are about $70 lower than other cities. This makes living in Tulsa a lot more affordable to purchase a car. Plus, you can easily reach the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport from the town within 2 hours, and driving to Chicago O’Hare International Airport is just three hours away from town.
3. Living In Tulsa Exposes You To Endless Arts And Entertainment
Image credit: Tulsa World
Thanks to the vibrant arts scene, eye-popping architecture, world-class art, and exciting nightlife that the town has to offer, life in Tulsa is never boring. The city literally has its own artistic district to keep you entertained all weekends with live music, theatre, and dance concert. There are interactive exhibitions with contemporary sculptures, art displays with fancy lighting, and modern animation artwork, all packed in the famously known ahha Tulsa.
4. Relocating To Tulsa Is A Great Decision For Sports Fans
Living in Tulsa is the best place on earth for all sports fans and even if you aren’t one, you can easily convert into someone that loves sports. This is because Tulsa has several best public sports leagues in America and if you happened to be a newcomer to the city, check out the Hurricanes softball for a start! Whether you’re a fan of the Golden Hurricane football squad or the OSU Cowboys, there’s always something fun happening in town. Besides, you don’t even have to travel far to catch a game because everywhere in Tulsa will definitely have a place for the teams to play or practice. If you have a family or a date, head over to the ballpark for a memorable, fun day!
5. You Must Experience The Local Nightlife After Moving To Tulsa
Image credit: Soundpony’s website
Nightlife is truly an exciting experience that you should never miss in Tulsa! If you relocate to Tulsa not long ago and wonder how you can spend your time after work, check out some highly rated bars in Tulsa:
- Soundpony is a great place to enjoy live music and cold beer.
- The Max RetroPub is an arcade-themed bar that serves delicious cocktails.
- At Arnie’s Bar, you can get a sip of Guinness on the patio.
- The Enso Bar has handcrafted cocktails such as the Hollabaloo.
- Have a good laugh with amazing drag performers at Club Majestic.
- Let the scenery of the city takes your breath away from the rooftop at Roof Sixty Six.
There are many options for trendy restaurants or lively pubs if you want to have fun in the downtown area.
6. Tulsa Will Literally Pay You $10,000 In Cash To Move Here
Known as the Tulsa Remote program, the state is looking for people to relocate to Tulsa and join the vibrate community! To qualify for this program, you must be open to the idea of moving to Tulsa within the next 12 months and be able to find full-time remote work. Additionally, you need to be above 18 years old and qualify to work in the United States.
If you meet the above criteria, be sure to take advantage of the Tulsa Remote program and get paid $10,000 for moving to Tulsa!
7. Family-Friendly Activities Designed For Everyone Living In Tulsa
If you’re looking for a place with lots of activities that are “family-friendly”, then it might be a great decision for you to relocate to Tulsa. There will almost always be an event near where you live, from sports events to concerts, art shows, and community work. Here is a list of a few top activities to do in Tulsa:
- Visit the Philbrook Museum of Art that can take you on a journey to Italy in the comforts of Tulsa.
- Get cool fresh air and well-maintained exercising facilities at the River Parks.
- Pay a visit to the Cave House for a glimpse of the rich history in Tusla.
- If all else fails, the Tulsa Zoo will most likely pique your interest.
8. Anyone That Relocates To Tulsa Will Be Greeted By The Welcoming Community
Image credit: Get the friends you want
Tulsa also has a great sense of community among its residents. If you just moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma, you will notice that everyone seems to knows everyone or someone who lives near you. This is because there are many churches within walking distance from one another, which makes going to church easy on Sundays. Moreover, the downtown area is filled with restaurants, bars, coffee shops to make meeting friends convenient, especially after work. And if you’re looking for somewhere low-key and a stress-free environment to hang out with people, it is just a stone throw away from the parks.
9. You Don’t Have To Worry About Jobs After Moving To Tulsa Oklahoma
The city has a ton of job opportunities and there are plenty of positions from office work to manual labour positions. The oil industry alone provides thousands of jobs each year and there will always be job vacancies. With so many employers looking for employees, competition among applicants is fierce. This means that if you want to get hired quickly, you can easily stand out and secure a role in Tulsa.
10. Perfect For Entrepreneurs To Start Businesses
Oklahoma has been ranked for having some of the best entrepreneurial ecosystems in the country by Forbes Magazine. The state ranks first out of 50 states when it comes to its overall economic climate, and some of the qualifying criteria include low taxes, access to capital, ease of starting businesses, and so forth. If you want to stand a chance to be another successful entrepreneur, moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma, should definitely be on your relocation list!
11. The Amazing Weather Would Most Likely Be Your Number 1 Love After Relocating To Tulsa
In Tulsa, the summers are extremely pleasant with warm sun and lovely occasion rains. During winter, the scenery of the snowfall will make you forget about the cold temperatures. In fact, according to the National Weather Service, the average temperature during January is only at -2 degrees Fahrenheit.
12. People Living In Tulse Always Look Forward To Annual Festivals
Once you relocate to Tulsa, you’ll notice that Tulsa is home to many annual festivals that bring people together for fun and entertainment! Here are some top events that you can look forward to:
- Experience German culture with mouthwatering dishes, frothy pints of beer, and live music and dancing at Tulsa’s Germanfest.
- Engage in arts and humanities through live music and delicious food at Tulsa Mayfest.
- Spend a weekend celebrating the local LGBTQ community at Oklahoma’s longest-running Tulsa Pride Festival.
- Connect to Tulsa’s cultural roots at the Intertribal Indian Club of Tulsa Pow Wow of Champions, where you can support indigenous artists and craftspeople.
- Taste beer from more than 40 breweries and snack on great eats in between at McNellie’s Tulsa Harvest Beer Festival.
- Celebrate the life and appreciate your loved ones at the Tulsa Water Lantern Festival, where you can float rice paper lanterns with a personalized message down the water.
At Tulsa, you’ll definitely discover your inner festive spirit!
Conclusion About Moving To Tulsa
Tulsa is an affordable and great place to live in. If you need help in moving to Tulsa, you need help moving your belongings over to the city. Be sure to check out our local moving services. At Sanelo, we provide exceptional moving experiences just for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions About Moving/Relocating To Tulsa
Is Tulsa Paying People To Move Over?
Yes. The Tulsa remote program offers a $10,000 grant for people to move to Tulsa and join the great community! The catch is that you have to be working remotely and not work at a job located in Tulsa.
What Is The Average Cost Of Living In Tulsa, Oklahoma?
Compared to moving to New York, Tulsa is considered one of the least expensive places to live in the United States. According to Gobankingrates, an income under $70,000 can allow both homeowners and renters to live comfortably.
What Are The Bad Areas Of Tulsa?
North Tulsa is considered to have a slightly higher crime rate than other areas of Tulsa. According to Neighbourhood Scout, the safest neighbourhood is at S Yale Avenue. You can consider this area if you are planning to relocate to Tulsa.
Is Tulsa A Good Place To Live?
According to Niche, Tulsa is one of the best places to live in Oklahoma. With a feel of being in the suburbs and being able to own homes due to the low cost of living, there are many young families who live in Tulsa. Are you moving home? You can always contact Sanelo for help and guidance for your relocation plans.